A member of the wADDAD Series, the 280W-R Residential Ultrasonic Water Meter is specially designed for domestic water metering applications where conventional water meters fail due to harsh environment, solids in water, performance degradation, magnetic vandalisation or incapable of leakage detection.
The 280W-R offers the most advanced water flow measurement by using state-of-the-art ultrasonic technology. Its flow sensor does not have any moving parts that can wear or tear, which provides a robust and accurate meter with no maintenance.
AEC’s 280W-R Residential Ultrasonic Water Meter stands out among its competition due to its robust performance, patented sensor design, tamper-proof feature, multiple AMR / AMI options and capability to detect very low flowrate. It works reliably even when the water has particles and the environment is harsh, such as the case in Middle East and Africa. Residential installations can profit from the advantage of the wear-free water flow measurement, namely, precision, operation security and long service life.
The technical specifications of the 280W-R meet the standards for residential utility metering with its Class D performance, operational temperature from 0.1°C to 60°C and safety temperature up to 95°C, as well as nominal pressure of 1.6MPa.
The wide dynamic range allows for a load up to double the rating, thereby ensuring high operation security. The large LCD can display the flow total, leakage alarm, reverse flow, and more. The meter also has a remote readout which could be configured as pulse, M-Bus or RF wireless.
- Residential potable water consumption metering
- Temperature compensated for cold water as well as hot water up to 60°C (140°F)
- No moving parts. Wear-free ultrasonic technology • Durable proven BRASS sensor body.
- Solves the challenges in harsh environments
- Patented sensor design provides precise signal, robust performance and is not impacted by water impurity
- Excellent long-term stability with consistent performance. Accuracy does not degrade over time
- Leakage detection
- Tamper-proof design. Records when tampering is detected
- Not affected by magnetic interference
- Does not measure entrained air in pipe
- Bi-directional flow
- Low pressure drop
- Free positioning for installation
- Large LCD,9 digits display
- More than 10 years battery life
- IP 68 water-proof
- NIST calibration to Metrology ISO 4064 Class D
- Radio module for drive-by meter reading or AMR/AMI fixed meter reading
- Data Logger with 700 daily totals and 24 monthly totals
- Optional AMR/AMI and Billing solutions
Accuracy / MPE (Maximum Permissible Error)
- Power Supply: Battery 3.6V, Lithium Replacement Interval: >10 years at tBAT<30°C (86°F)
- Power Consumption: <0.1W
- Backup Power Supply: Internal SuperCap
- M-Bus (default).Optional: optical isolated Pulse, RF 433MHz or RF 868MHz Other type can be customised upon request
- CE approval: EN61326-1:2006
MPE according to ISO 4064:2005 or OIML R49
±2 in the range Q2 Q < Q4; ±5 in the range Q1 Q Q2 [for T 30ºC (85ºF)] ±3 in the range Q2 Q < Q4; ±5 in the range Q1 Q Q2 [forT> 30ºC (85ºF)] Dynamic Range: R=250 for DN15~DN25;
- Metrological Class: 2 (according to ISO 4064:2005 or OIML R49) Environmental Class: B / C
- Electromagnetic Class: E1 EnvironmentalTemp: 0 ~ 60°C (32 ~ 140°F)
- Permissible FlowTemp: 0.1 ~ 60°C (35 ~ 140°F) for long term and up to 95°C (203°F) for short term. Enclosure Protection: IP68
- Integrator Detachable: No Pressure: PN16
The pressure loss of a flow sensor is proportional to the square on the flow: Δp = k x Q2 Here Δp is pressure loss, Q is volume flow rate and k is the coefficient.
- The DN15 (½”) meter has k=0.067 and Δp less than 0.48bar at Q3
- The press losses for all the sizes meet the ISO 4064:2005, OIML R49 and AWWA standards